Hapai Hauora – Self-Management Programme
Hapai Hauora Wellness Course is a free fun, interactive, group course, teaching different methods for managing a variety of health conditions and guarantees you giggles and kai.
The sessions are suitable for anyone with an ongoing health condition, or risk of health issues including pre-diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. It is designed for people with different ongoing health problems (diabetes, arthritis, asthma, depression and much more) to attend together and your family or carers are welcome to join you. They will learn lots too!
The programme is facilitated by two kaimahi committed to supporting you with your journey to overcome some of the challenges when living with a long term condition.
Hapai Hauora runs for 6 weeks every Monday from 10am to 12:30pm.
The course covers:
- Hauoratanga, healthy eating
- Taha Tinana, weight management
- Hinengaro, dealing with depression
- Ha ki roto, better breathing
- Making informed treatment decisions
- Medication usage
- Communication skills
- Pain and fatigue management
- Making decisions
- Preventing falls
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- Problem solving
- Getting a good nights sleep
- Future plans
- Safe exercise for improving flexibility, endurance & strength
- This course is for people aged 18 or over with a long term health condition such as mental health, diabetes, heart disease, asthma or arthritis.
Transport is available on request.
For more information please contact our course facilitators
Monday – Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or leave a message after hours
Ph 04 902 7095 or 0800 122 504
Kori Tinana is an exercise group that enjoys easy paced workouts and socialising. We love having fun and unwind at a local café afterwards. The group meets every Monday at 10am
The group meet at 318 Fitness, located in Paraparaumu, across the train tracks at 20-24 Tongariro Street.
- Our Kaiawhina will take you through a guided workout
- Wheelchair access, accessibility ramp, disabled parking and toilets are all on location
- Personal trainers and helpful staff are always close by
- Transport to and from group is available if necessary
Hora Te Pai offer many services to support you and your whanau. Please contact AJ if you have any queries about how we can help you.
20-24 Tongariro Street
Every Monday 10am
For more information please contact:
Kaiawhina Hapori: AJ, at Hora Te Pai Health Services. Monday – Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or leave a message after hours.
Ph (04) 902 7095
Cell (021) 793 663